How To Find A CA Moving Service
If you’re looking to hire a CA moving service, there are some essential steps to take. Finding a reputable Bay Area moving services company takes some time and planning. You don’t want to rush into hiring a CA moving service, because you want to choose the right one. We understand that choosing the right CA moving services company can be hard work. The Better Business Bureau records many complaints about movers in the United States every year. Many of these complaints are a result of lost or damaged items. However, there are ways to ensure your search for moving services in the Bay Area is a successful one. Moving is stressful enough without having your stuff broken. If you’re looking for a Bay Area mover, read on for best strategies on how to find the right ones.
Ask for Referrals for CA Moving Services
There are a lot of Bay Area moving companies. It can be daunting to try and find a CA moving services company through online research. A more straightforward way to find a moving company is to ask for referrals. You can ask for referrals from friends, family members, and coworkers. Most of the time, the people closest to you can recommend a moving company they trust.
Additionally, if you’re working with a real estate agent, they can offer referrals. OCD Moving Services has been a trusted Bay Area mover for over five years. New clients are consistently contacting OCD via referrals from friends and family members. For new clients looking for a CA moving service, OCD offers free estimates.
Pay Attention To Red Flags
When collecting estimates from CA moving services companies, pay attention to red flags. Some of the things to look out for include:
- Cash deposits: reputable Bay Area moving companies won’t ask for a cash deposit before your move.
- Money upfront: be careful about people who ask for the money upfront.
- Professionalism: you want your CA moving services company to be professional. During your estimate, note how professional or unprofessional your movers seem.
- Promptness: your Bay Area moving company should show up on time for your estimate. If the movers show up late or seem unsure, that’s a red flag. Additionally, movers should be able to answer all your questions.
If you experience any of the above red flags, look for another company.
Your CA Moving Services Company Must Have A License and Insurance
CA moving companies receive a U.S. DOT number when they receive an interstate moving license. If you’re looking for a CA moving company to move you out of state, verify the company has this number. You can verify U.S. DOT numbers through protectyourmove.gov . If you’re moving in-state, check with your local consumer affairs agency.
Check the Better Business Bureau Website
When vetting moving companies, check the Better Business Bureau website. You can check a moving company’s score for free online. It’s best to stick with moving companies that have BBB accreditation or a good rating. If the moving company is not on BBB, you may want to find another one.
Confirm Your Moving Company’s Address
You should ask for a business card or look up the company’s address on its website. Make sure that your moving company’s address appears under the company’s name. You don’t want to hire a moving company with a residential address.
Determine Other Moving Services You Need
Most moving companies will offer services other than moving. It’s essential to determine what additional services you need before hiring a moving company. Some companies, like OCD Moving Services, may offer the following services:
- Packing: You can hire movers for partial, full, or special-item packing.
- Short-term storage: If you can’t take everything with you right away, you can store it. Some companies like OCD offer short-term storage solutions. Once you’re ready to bring your items home, the same moving company can deliver those items.
- Junk removal: Other moving companies can remove items for you in an eco-friendly way. If you need to dispose of furniture, you will need junk removal services. It’s not legal to dump furniture on the side of the street. Additionally, it’s important to recycle electronics in an eco-friendly way. A moving company with junk removal services can handle recycling for you.
Booking Your Move
Once you have your research done, you’re ready to book your move. Most moving companies will allow you to schedule your moving estimates online. However, you usually have to call to book your move. It’s important to remember that not all companies have hard-and-fast reservations.
Additionally, if you’re moving during a busy season, keep in mind that companies book up quickly. It’s essential to book your move at least three months in advance if possible. If you can’t book that far in advance, at least a month or three weeks is best. Additionally, when you are booking your move, keep in mind what services you need. You don’t want to tell your movers two days in advance that you need help packing. Your movers must have all the information necessary to execute a successful move.
Looking for a CA Moving Services Company? Call OCD Moving Services
Whether you’re looking for a local or long-distance move, OCD Moving Services can help. The professionals at OCD have been assisting customers in moving for over five years. With many moving companies, you may have to worry about them losing your items. Alternatively, you may also have to worry about companies damaging things in your move. When you book OCD, you can trust we will handle your items as if they were our own. Our team takes great care in ensuring a safe and efficient move. Our customer satisfaction rating is high for a reason – we aim to please. At OCD, we aren’t successful until we meet your goals. We offer free estimates to new customers, and our team is always here to answer questions. If you’re looking for a CA moving services company, call OCD today.