Are you planning a residential move? We’ve got your checklist to help you prepare
If you’re planning an upcoming residential move, you know that it can be a stressful and chaotic process. You have to figure out what items you’ll be taking and throwing out those you won’t. Then, you have to change addresses, pack, plan, and more. There’s a lot to be considered before you leave for your residential move. OCD Moving Services has been helping people ease the stress of moving for over five years. One of our most helpful teams for those planning a residential move is to develop and follow a moving checklist.
Developing a checklist for your residential move will keep you organized and on track. You may be planning for your residential move for days, weeks, or months. Leading up to moving day, having a checklist will help your mind stay focused on essential tasks. Keep reading for a list of to-do items for your residential move.
Moving Checklist: What To Do One Month Before Your Residential Move
One month before your residential move is a good time to start thinking about hiring a moving services company. You’ll also want to clean your home, change your address, and other vital steps. Keep reading for a few suggestions on what to do one month before your residential move.
– Contact, schedule, and hire a mover as soon as you know the date of your residential move. Planning will ensure you get the moving day you want.
– Start cleaning various areas of your home. You can clean out the closets, attic, garage, and other areas you don’t frequent that often.
– You will also want to start changing your local address for things like mailing, insurance, and school records.
– Purchasing 100 percent recyclable heavy-duty moving boxes and supplies. OCD Moving Services offers a wide variety of moving and packing supplies to satisfy all your residential moving needs.
Moving Checklist: What To Do One to Two Weeks Before Your Residential Move
During this stage of the move, you’ll want to start tying up loose ends. Before you make your residential move, you want to make sure it’s set up and ready for you. Read on for a list of steps you can take when you’re one to two weeks out from your move.
– Begin canceling any subscriptions that come to what will soon be your past home address. You’ll want to cancel or change the address for your Internet, cable, newspapers, magazines, and any labor services.
– Make sure to call your local utility companies and let them know the exact day you’ll be moving. The company can either stop charging you when you move or change the services to your new address
– Begin packing for your residential move. Also, make sure to appropriately label and organizes boxes, so you know where everything goes after your residential move.
Moving Checklist: What To Do During The Week of Your Residential Move
During the week of your local move, you’ll want to take care of any last-minute items. Read on for a list of to-dos when you’re one week out from your local move.
– Complete any last-minute cleaning around your old home. Make sure everything is clean and beautiful for when you officially move out.
– Pack all of your belongings for your local move. Finish your packing before moving day arrives. If you have items you no longer need, donate them to a charitable cause.
– Determine your transportation plans for the day of your local move. You want to know how you’re getting to the new place. If you have children or animals, make sure there’s a plant to meet their needs, too.
– Send in a change of address, so your new place is ready with your new information.
Moving Checklist: What To Do Before Moving Day
Before moving day, you’re getting down to the wire in preparing for your local move. Below is a list of what to do before moving day.
– Stay in contact with your local moving company and make sure everything is good to go for moving day. If you’re moving with OCD Moving Services, we’ll send you a pre-move email to solidify all the essential details.
– Make sure you remove your breakable items from dresser drawers and pack them away.
– Take out cash to have during your local move. You might need some money to buy pizza or snacks to feed everyone. You’ll also want to have the money to tip your local movers!
– Go through your old home to perform one final cleaning.
Moving Checklist: What To Do On Moving Day
On moving day, you’ll want to sit back, relax, and let your local movers do the work. Read below for a few last-minute items to check.
– Pack a bag of essentials to have when you move into your new home. You can include anything from chargers and toothbrushes to snacks, and whatever else you might need.
– Make sure there is a clear moving path inside and outside your home for your local movers.
– Be home when your professional movers arrive for your local move. You want to make sure you’re accessible if the movers have any questions.
– Once the movers load your items onto the truck, do one final walkthrough. Make sure you don’t leave anything behind when you leave for your local move. Also, last but not least, say goodbye to your neighbors.
Planning A Local Move? Call OCD Moving Services
If you’re planning a local home move soon, call OCD Moving Services for a free estimate. We’ve been helping Bay Area residents with their local and long-distance moves for over five years. As a full-service moving company, we can help with all of your local move needs, from packing to unpacking. We also offer junk removal services and short-term storage solutions. Call us today and see how we can help you.